Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Against all odds

Hello All,

I have absconded for long periods of time but trust me, bad luck has been following me around like a shadow! And fighting all odds, this project (after a lost phone, two migraines and an eye-injury) has won..........I have managed to finish this seemingly jinxed project and I will pat myself on the back for this.

This project is unique in many aspects.......I have written the poem myself and this is one of my all time favourites! I've used a hand-made paper printed background for the first time. I have tons of these beautiful papers but I could never figure out how to use them. This time, I've taken a chance and I like the finished product :) The 'leaves' are hand-cut, from paper remaining as side strips from my visiting card printing. The paper cutting guy gave me a weird look for wanting to save an inch wide strip! But what the hell, I have used them and I love the way they turned out to be! The styrofoam balls were almost an afterthought and I looooove the way they give the 'ripe berry branch' effect to the project. The pink daisies around the text will remain in my memory because my punch has given way after them! :D I will miss my daisy punch and I hope I will be able to replace it soon.......

Thanks dear S, for placing this order and I hope you like what I have made :) I'll send it to you soon.....


Entering this one to:

1. Alphabet Challenge H for Handmade Flowers
2. Simply Create too Wedding or Love
3. Ooh La La Creations challenge #106 - Make it girly

Happy Quilling

Pritesh

PS: If my posts inspire you to create something on similar lines, I feel highly flattered. But please, do respect the effort I take in conceptualizing and executing, please give a direct link to my work when you are inspired by mine. Thanks for understanding........:-)

18 comments:

Mihaela said...

Beautiful flowers!!!

Helen said...

I love the white leaves against the quilling flowers. Beautifully done!

lavina agarwal said...

Wow this is such a gorgeous work..love every bit of it!! the color combo, the flowers, the styrofoam branch and not to forget the amazing poem written by you, its too good..you truly are a genius.

MEGHA said...

all of your work is always stunning and gorgeous love your style.
megha
meghanuj01.blogspot.com

Giftarts said...

Lovely colour combination.... The poem is beautiful... Hope the bad luck leaves you soon.....

Giftarts said...

Lovely colour combination... Beautiful poem.. Hope the bad luck leaves you soon...

SUGANTHI said...

So many beautiful ideas!!! Love your work.

Indira Tanwar said...

Loved this project Pritesh!! The leaves are so well cut and blend so well with the background. Awesome execution!!

quilled paper paradise said...

I hope that you will not be more bad luck! This project is wonderful! The appearance of your flowers are always amazed me! So precise and clean. The idea of styrofoam balls is great. They are leaving a really good effect!

Sathya said...

Very creative work Pritesh!!! Loved every detail!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Those cut leaves are a real show stealer!!
The thermocol ball bunch is cute!!

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Pritesh: Your card is so beautiful--love the sentiment! Thank you for entering your project in our Challenge #14 - Wedding [Love].

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/
esh:

Roxx.T Barnes said...

Yeah! You overcame all those things and turned out a beautifully stunning card! Thanks for playing with us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.
Roxx.T

Anonymous said...

Waiting for response from these contests.

Unknown said...

Beautiful work - it looks so delicate!
Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog - I hope you can join us in our new challenge which went up today!

Sheena
xxx

Unknown said...

Wow Pritesh... it is simple Awesome... Just simple superb.. I loved the Styrofoam Balls.. They look simply fab... Keep up girl... you rock...

Unknown said...

What a stunning creation, well worth the effort. Thanks for sharing it with us at OLL this time.
hugs
Dawn xx

coldwaters2 said...

This is so beautiful what an exquisite creation, the colours and design look superb, thank you for joining our challenge at OLLCB
Hugs
Lorraine x