Sunday, August 26, 2012

Midas Touch

Hello All,

I don't know how many of you have this tick, but I sure do. I have this truck loads of stuff that sometimes gets forgotten and relegated to a corner. And then, one fine day, I find it and go berserk! I try every possible craft with it1 :D Today's "refind" was my gold pen which is a treasured possession from Stockholm. Since I was anyway considering doing a pair of earrings with a terrific finish (after I found someone's picture on the Net where the design was way toooo similar to what I had made but only the finishing was 100 times better). The "Midas Touch" pen came in handy and I painted the town (ok ok, just the earrings :D) gold.......so here goes: Midas Touch :)



And ya, I was asked why I always have that one strip surrounding my entire earring? Reason: Sturdiness. I am a very mechanical engineering obsessed crafter. My earrings have to have that sturdiness element. Just a tight coil on top will come off in a snap and I can't bear to spoil my hard work because of that ONE weak link :)

Happy Quilling

Pritesh

PS: If my posts inspire you to create something on similar lines, I feel highly flattered. But please, do respect the effort I take in conceptualizing and executing, please give a direct link to my work when you are inspired by mine. Thanks for understanding........:-)

5 comments:

Jyoti Agrawal said...

What a perfect finish.. Love it. Also, I like your idea of sturdiness.

Shylaashree said...

Lovely one pritesh.

http://adhiraacreations.blogspot.in

Unknown said...

I do not believe that anything can be better than this...100 times is out of question.I dunno about the pen but surely have Midas touch.You turn everything into gold with your touch.The paper around the earring for sturdiness is really a clever idea.

Dr Sonia S V said...

The surrounding paper is cool--Thank You for pointing it out--I tend to be lost in admiration of your work and not pay attention to the whys!!

kalanirmitee said...

Lovely earrings!! Thanks for sharing the idea of surrounding the earring with strip for sturdiness.

http://www.kalanirmitee.com/