Thursday, March 6, 2014

Off-beat...........bead soutache again :)

Hello All,

When I saw Lulupu Craft Lounge's second B'day challenge notification, I so knew I had to participate. Not being a card-maker, I am more or less away from challenges as most involve cards. Add to that the inability to meet deadlines due to personal commitments and we have a recipe for non-participation in time-bound challenges! BUt this time, Lulupu has made it easier for us all. The challenge was to create something with the alphabets L, U, P, T, C. A minimum of three had to be incorporated. So, here is my take on it:

L - Layers (layers of paper used to make the 'base' for the soutache jewellery)
P - Paper (use for making the backing according to this method) and Pearl (flat back pearls used in the centre)
T - Thread (used to hold the beads together while arranging the beads)
C - Concentric circles (of beads in the jewellery)

I hope I qualify with this piece in Category 3 (everything else) :)



Happy Quilling

 Pritesh

 PS: If my posts inspire you to create something on similar lines, I feel highly flattered. But please, do respect the effort I take in conceptualizing and executing, please give a direct link to my work when you are inspired by mine. Thanks for understanding........:-)

4 comments:

Shylaashree said...

it is lovely and very attractive pritesh

Divya N said...

This looks so much like a bead woven necklace but with just gluing - wow what a great idea...pining it

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful piece of Jewelery, Pritesh.
Thanks for joining us for Lulupu's 2nd Birthday Celebration and Challenge #27

Hussena said...

It's such a gorgeous set, Pritesh. The black and white colour combination looks so stunning. Always in awe of your neatness and the detailing that you give to every project of your's :)

Thank you so much for playing along the Second Birthday Celebration challenge at Lulupu and Best of luck!